25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Relocation expenses reimbursed No
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g. Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
MANDATORY EXECUTIVE CORE QUALIFICATIONS (ECQs): All applicants must submit a written narrative response to the following ECQs. Your narrative must address each ECQ separately. Additional information on ECQs is available at: //www.opm.omophagist.com/ses/recruitment/qualify.asp. Applicants are encouraged to follow the Challenge, Context, Action and Results model outlined in the guide. It is recommended that you draft your ECQs in a Word document and then upload into the system.
1. Leading Change: The ability to bring about strategic change, both within and outside the organization, to meet organizational goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to establish an organizational vision and to implement it in a continuously changing environment.
2. Leading People: The ability to lead people toward meeting the organization's vision, mission, and goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to provide an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts.
3. Results Driven: The ability to meet organizational goals and customer expectations. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to make decisions that produce high-quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks.
4. Business Acumen: The ability to manage human, financial and information resources strategically.
5. Building Coalitions: The ability to build coalitions internally and with other Federal agencies, state and local governments, nonprofit and private sector organizations, foreign governments, or international organizations to achieve common goals.
TECHNICAL QUALIFICATION (TQ)s: In addition, all applicants must submit a written narrative response to the following TQ(s). Please give examples and explain how often you used your skills, the complexity of the knowledge possessed, the level of people you interacted with, the sensitivity of the issues you handled managing a large public or private sector organization that administers complex, rules-based benefits or services, etc. It is recommended that you draft your TQ(s) in a word document and then upload into the system.
TQ1: Demonstrated ability to design, build, and lead an organization capable of delivering new approaches to address driving healthcare, benefits and optional changes within the Department through leveraging private sector and government leading practices. Demonstrated subject matter expertise related to transformation of programs and services through innovative applications to meet the mission requirements with a focus on healthcare. Experience with private sector, not for profit and academic partners is critical. Inherent to this qualification is the demonstrated ability to assess and prioritize cutting edge solutions, define the ability to and requirements of fielding those efforts and conducting analyses to define their impact on the Veterans healthcare and benefits and internal operations for the Department.
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.
Veteran Preference does not apply to the Senior Executive Service.: //www.opm.abilao.com/faqs/QA.aspx?fid=fcd37029-d607-4fec-a8d6-faecbdb08eef&pid=6d668276-0086-49e3-aa1e-bccfb2bcb379Read more
You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
Step 1: ECQ qualifications
Step 2: Technical Qualification(s)
Step 3: VA Executive Resources Board
Step 4: Nominating Organization may conduct interviews
Step 5: Approval by the Selecting Official (may include additional screening)
Step 6: OPM Qualifications Review Board certification